Digilent Design Contest 14th Edition
The Digilent Design Contest is an international student hardware design competition open to all students who are passionate about electronics, digital design and electrical engineering in general. The competition gives students the opportunity to showcase and improve their technical and creative skills and face new challenges in developing projects using the latest technologies.
Digilent Design Contest Europe Region has reached its 14th Edition, with a rich history behind, many interesting and cool projects along the years, many smart and competitive participants, as well as appreciated advisers and targets students from all over Europe. It is held in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, in May 2018.
See the Previous Contests page for editions starting 2012.
The Challenge is to develop innovative, interesting, cool projects using Digilent products.
Cash prizes will be awarded and all the finalists keep the hardware they previously received from Digilent for implementing the projects.
Registration and Participation
The 2018 edition's registration opened on October 5th 2017.
The contest is open to all level students - Undergraduate, Master, PhD.
The event is live, with participants presenting their projects in mid-May 2018 in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
Why registering to a live competition?
- you have the opportunity to meet fellow students from other universities and share information with them
- you have the opportunity to meet industry representatives and receive feedback from the jury
- once accepted in the live competition, you will receive your very own free hardware if you attend the live presentations
- you have the chance to evaluate your skills and knowledge based on the event itself and the feedback the organizers will provide after the competition closes
- you have the chance to later apply for internship at the organizing companies
- you can get to travel and meet new people, visit new places
- you will get Participant Certificates, and Winners Certificates if the case to demonstrate and acknowledge your effort in coming to Cluj and meet the jury face to face.
For details of last years' winners, and a selection of entries, please see the Previous Contests page
|October 5, 2017||Contest announcement, registration begins|
|October 5 - November 15, 2017||Early enrollment period|
|December 1 – 15, 2017||Hardware distribution for the early enrolled teams|
|November 15 - December 31, 2017||Second enrollment period|
|December 31, 2017||Registration ends, second hardware distribution process begins|
|January 31, 2018||Enrollment acceptance process ends|
|April 10, 2018||Pre-evaluation submission deadline|
|May 7, 2018||Final projects submission|
|May 12-13, 2018||Final presentations in Cluj-Napoca, Romania|
For more information, please contact email@example.com