The DesignWare® ARC® EM Software Development Platform (SDP) is a flexible platform for rapid software development on ARC EM processor-based subsystems. It is intended to accelerate software development and debug of ARC EM processors and subsystems for a wide range of ultra-low power embedded applications such as IoT, sensor fusion, and voice applications.
The EM SDP includes an FPGA-based hardware board with commonly used peripherals and interfaces for extensibility. Downloadable platform packages containing different hardware configurations enable the board to be programmed with different ARC EM processors and subsystems. The packages also contain the necessary software configuration information for the toolchain and embARC Open Software Platform. The platform packages can be requested using this form.
The development platform is supported by Synopsys’ ARC MetaWare Development Toolkit, which includes a compiler, debugger and libraries optimized for maximum performance with minimal code size. The embARC Open Software Platform (OSP), available online from embARC.org, gives developers online access to device drivers, FreeRTOS, middleware and examples that enables them to quickly start software development for their ARC-based embedded systems.
The ARC EM Software Development Platform boards can be ordered here in our webshop.
Further information, including a User Guide, is available on the embARC.org Wiki page.
- Supports wide-range of ARC EM-based subsystems
- Downloadable platform packages easily configure hardware and software
- 16MB PSRAM and 16MB SPI flash memory
- Audio Line In/Out, UART, GPIO, SPI, I2C, ADC interfaces
- WiFi (802.11b/g/n)/Bluetooth 4.0 with worldwide regulatory compliance (FCC,IC, CE, ETSI)
- On-board 9-axis sensor and MEMS microphones
- JTAG Debug and NEXUS Trace support
- Micro-SD Card slot
- Extensible with Arduino, Digilent Pmod, mikroBUS connectors and a generic 50-Pin Headers
- embARC Open Software Platform support
- MetaWare Development Toolkit support