The MEGA65 Development Kit, an 8-Bit FPGA based computer that is Commodore™ 64 and 65 compatible, is ready for pre-orders! This is a limited run aimed at developers who want to participate and start producing software for the final machines, which are expected to be released in 2021. The DevKit features a powerful Artix A7 200T FPGA, its open source software is under continuous development. Additionally AMIGA™, ATARI™ ST and other cores are being developed for the platform. You can also make your own core or contribute to other developments.
Further details and pre-order in our online shop:
Article 30390: MEGA65 Development Kit
The DevKit, hence the name, is a kit. You need to assemble it yourself (or find someone to do it, which is easy if you use the forum and channels we give you access to). We are providing an assembly video to help you do this. Assembly usually takes 15 to 60 minutes, depending on your skills.
- MEGA65 Project https://mega65.org
- MEGA 65 Video Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz3CQ343r4ssvIdmhDauMQ/videos
- Development Blog https://c65gs.blogspot.com/
- MEGA65 Support Forum http://mega65.net
- MEGA65 Discord Server / DevKit Channel https://discord.gg/5DNvESf
All modules produced by Trenz Electronic are developed and manufactured in Germany.