The MEGA65, an 8-Bit FPGA based computer that is Commodore™ 64 and 65 compatible, is ready for pre-orders: https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/en/Products/MEGA65/
The 21st century realization of the Commodore™ 65 heritage: a complete 8-bit computer running more than 40x faster than a C64 while being increasingly compatible.
Mechanical keyboard, digital video output, dual SDHC™ card support, Ethernet, extended memory and other features increase the fun without spoiling the 8-bit feel.
Hardware designs and software are open-source.
This FPGA-based computer wants to be experienced, modified and improved. Development is ongoing!
- Extremely fast and feature complete 8-bit home computer
- 3-FPGA-design with no closed-source ARM™ cores inside
- Completely Open Source and under continuous development
- Under development by dozens of ingenious nerds and M-E-G-A e.V. (non-profit organisation) since 2014
- Commodore™ 65-based architecture, highly Commodore™ 64 (wip) and 65 compatible
- AMIGA™, ATARI™ ST and other cores being developed or ported, or make your own core
- Use internal 3.5” floppy disk drive, SDHC™ cards und external disk drives, all at the same time
- Use many Commodore™ 64 cartridges with internal expansion slot
- Commodore™ 64 compatibility enhanced compared to original Commodore™ 65
Further details to Hardware and Software on the article page.
Any questions? Please contact MEGA https://mega65.org/ (contact form is at the end of the page)
All modules produced by Trenz Electronic are developed and manufactured in Germany.